Saturday, April 11, 2015

Singer Sphinx Yard Sale Find

Edit:  I think Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville has the answer to what this machine is.  CLICK HERE to read an article on her blog.  Thank you to everyone.
 
DH found this Singer with Sphinx decals at a yard sale.  It was $10 so when he called to tell me about it, we decided it should be mine, even if it's only a shelf decoration.  It does not have a motor.  I cannot tell what parts are missing.  I can turn the hand wheel and the mechanics are not seized but I have no idea how it's supposed to work or if it's even a real Singer.  Here are a bunch of pictures we took after I applied a dust rag to it.  Does anybody know anything about it?  The number underneath looks like 546815.











Any and all information you can share about this machine would be most appreciated.


As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. [Proverbs 23:7]

4 comments:

janice pd said...

Try this link for another one and the comments.
http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/4893-singer-sewing-machine-realor-knock-no

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Yes, it looks like the Chinese made copies that came out a few years ago. Not nearly as good as the original Singers, but, you could either add a motor or a hand crank and use it.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Well, it's a good-looking machine, even if you can't use it!

Rita said...

I agree...even if you can't use it, it's a nice "sculpture".