Thursday, July 30, 2015

Nativity Finish

I made some changes to the pattern this week.  The last wise man had a beard that called for DMC floss 3022.  As I started to stitch I thought the beard looked very green (the description for that color in the key said "brown gray, medium").  I went through my floss stash and found another skein of 3022 that didn't seem to look as green so I frogged and started using the new skein.  Ack!  it still looked a bit green so I frogged again and decided he really should have a black beard.   I changed the shepherd so he is holding the staff in front of his body instead of off to the side.  I wanted him to be shaped more like the other figures.  I think I am finished with this chart and now I must decide if they are going to be flat folds or no-sew cubes.  I have not done either kind of finish so I am mostly trying to decide what my next cross stitch project will be (so I am procrastinating on the final finishing).


As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. [Proverbs 23:7]

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful work! This is in my "want to do" organiser

Rita said...

Beautiful! I think I have this mag somewhere in my stash. I'll have to find it and put it in the "to stitch" pile...that's starting to resemble a mountain. ;-)

Aurelia Eglantine said...

This is such a beautiful set - I've always loved the idea of a hand-stitched nativity :) Most of the ones I've seen have each character cut close to the outline and then stuffed and standing on its own - perhaps pebbles or coins or some other weight in the bottom would help? Good luck with the final finishing, can't wait to see what you decide to do with it!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Gorgeous stitching! I think your changes were great. Can't wait to see how you're going to finish these off! :D

Kate said...

they are adorable!