Thursday, November 30, 2017

Snow globe start

I started this snow globe that I ordered from the French Needle - click here to go to the website.
I saw a finish posted on the 123 Stitch message board and I could not stop thinking about how pretty the lady in red chart was.
I didn't think the other 3 charts would be something I might stitch but after receiving the charts I think I like all of them.
I am not stitching them on the linen towel - I have decided to use white 18 count aida.
I am also stitching a verse from the Torah for a Canadian project - click here to read about it.  I am having a bit of trouble with this project for a couple of reasons.
1.  I can not read Hebrew so I must be vigilant about not accidentally turning the chart upside down.
2.  All top cross stitches must go from lower left to upper right corner.  This is the opposite of the way I have been stitching since the 1970s.  I will admit I have had to frog some stitches where I have done some inattentive work and reverted my "old" ways of making cross stitches.
Let me say that I am very honored to be a part of this project so I apologize for complaining just because it is harder than I thought it would be.
December is soon to be upon us so I wish everyone a joyous end of the year, filled with as much stitching as your days allow.


As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. [Proverbs 23:7]

No comments: