The messy red cookies in front had Smuckers Sugar Free Stawberry preserves for the filling which melted and ran all over and as they cooled there is a sticky jelled layer on the bottom of the cookie - I suspect the "sugar free" aspect is the problem. Since I only had sugar free jams/preserves I knew I needed a different filling for the remainder of the cookies. Aren't they a pretty red color for Christmas, though?
I used the date filling recipe in our date pinwheel cookie recipe (see the recipe in an earlier post below) - this must be the magic for dear husband.
I won't say I will never make these cookies again because by now I am very familiar with my selective memory. Next year I may only remember the positive reviews and totally forget the major pain these were to produce.
Have a very Merry Christmas, if you are celebrating, or a Merry End of the Year.

As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. [Proverbs 23:7]
No comments:
Post a Comment