I saw a crocheted blanket with a link to a youtube video. She used 5 balls (320 m each) of variegated yarn & hook 4 mm. The tutorial has ENGLISH SUBTITLES (turn off the sound and turn on the CC captions).
video for 3D shell
I am using Lion Brand Ice Cream yarn in Spumoni. I love the reversible bubbles that this stitch creates.
This is going pretty slowly but I will admit that I don't pick it up very often and I have frogged several rows a couple of times when I was watching tv more than I was watching what I was crocheting. There is no written pattern that I have found so I must refresh my memory with the video if I let too much time pass before I work on it. This is only 28" wide. I started with a chain of 182 stitches but this uses a lot of yarn and the 3D effect has reduced my long chain by about 10". I am almost done with the second skein of yarn and it is about 13" high so far. I am using a size G crochet hook.

As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. [Proverbs 23:7]

No comments:
Post a Comment