Friday, June 19, 2020

House Quilt WIP


I have been making house quilt blocks with the scraps from my last 3 quilts and the face masks that I made.  So far I have 90 house blocks made but only 30 of them have roofs.  I found the Moda Village pattern here and I really like the trees but I have not yet decided if I will scatter trees among my houses.  I have seen so many quarantine quilts made of house blocks and trees that I couldn't resist making one.  I am usually more inclined to use matching fabric lines or at least fabric themes so this scrappy quilt is a new adventure for me.  I am trying not to over think each block and let the fabrics fall where they may.
Take time to stitch.

As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. [Proverbs 23:7]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your houses, Rita. I am piecing them too. I want to use my scraps but I want to make a more controlled scrap quilt. So far I made 32 houses. I have a long way to go.