Friday, May 6, 2011

My Mom

My heart is so heavy because my Mother has gone to be with my Daddy and my sister and my brother. She died so peacefully in her home on Tuesday, May 3, 2011.
Three of us daughters were blessed to be with her at the end (although it was painful for me, she was not suffering and it was exactly the way she wanted it). Her health has been declining for a couple of years but no matter how prepared you think you are, the end is still very hard. I fear Mother's Day will be sad as well as what would have been her 80th birthday at the end of this month. I am so very grateful to my sisters for their strength and support as I certainly am not feeling very strong. Mom was one of 13 brothers and sisters around the country but with modern technology most were able to talk to her in the days leading up to Tuesday. Her grandchildren and great grandchildren are all so sweet and she will be missed here on earth.

signatureblog
As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. [Proverbs 23:7]

11 comments:

Teresa said...

My prayers are with you. Try and celebrate mother's day by remembering all the wonderful memories you had with your mom.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Natalija said...

I am very sorry for your loss. May the love of family and friends comfort you.

lynda said...

Rita, I am so sorry! This will be a bittersweet Mother's Day for you, but it sounds like your mother was a wonderful lady and you have a lifetime of memories to cherish and remember her by. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

hugs,
lynda

pam said...

Rita, No doubt it will be a difficult day. Do something to celebrate a memory or tradition she gave you by passing it to another on Sunday.

In my prayers,
Pam

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Please know I send my condolences. I wish peace and comfort for you and your sisters.

Rita said...

((((Rita)))

I'm very sorry for your loss and will keep you in my prayers.

mdgtjulie said...

Awww, Rita, I'm so sorry. I know it's hard for you right now. I lost my dad under very similar circumstances (surrounded by his children, and peacefully) and it's still hard for me. We lost him only three days before Christmas, and I thought it would be horrible. First Christmas without and all that. But I think we were all still sort of shocked that it happened, and so it wasn't too bad. I hope that Mother's day, you can take the time to celebrate the good things and that you don't feel the loss too strongly yet. Will say a prayer for all of you!!

CalamityJr said...

I am so sorry. My mother used to say that everyone needs their mother, and when she's as special as mine was and I'm sure yours, as well, it's even harder to say goodbye. Just remember it's only temporary, and you'll all be together again some day. I'll be sending prayers and blessings your way.

Lainey said...

I;m so sorry for your loss, hugs and prayers.

EvalinaMaria said...

Rita, my deepest condolences. My prayers are with you and yours.

Barbara said...

Oh Rita I am so sorry for your loss. Know your Mom is now walking with your father in God's Love. It is always hardest for a daughter to lose her Mother. I lost mine in 2004 and I still find myself wanting to call her and talk to her about everyday stuff. Know the pain lessens but you never, ever forget.
Blessings on you and your family,
Barbara