Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Early Birthday to me

My birthday isn't until December but DH is an avid yard saler and he knows that I have wanted a Singer 221 Featherweight for a long time (since the early 1990s) - look what he brought home to me today (for $50 no less)  ♥  ♥  ♥.
According to the Singer site this serial number (AE216568) was made July 13, 1936.  I don't know if it works yet because I want to clean and oil it first but it is beautiful just to look at.
Oh dear, I have so many projects going but now all I want to do is play with my new toy.



As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. [Proverbs 23:7]

4 comments:

Rita said...

WOO HOO! I'm so glad he found it for you.

rosey175 said...

Lucky find on the featherweight! Hopefully once you have it spruced up some it will work marvelously. :D

Loretta said...

That is a gorgeous birthday present!!! What an awesome yardsale find (and a thoughtful husband, double bonus points for him!)

Summer said...

oh its a classic! it looks lovely, what's it like to stitch with, bet its a dream!