Then someone on the 123Stitch message board posted a link to the Santa ornament (Click Here) on Pinwheel Ponders' site.
Well they are so cute I had to make a few of those, too. I also saw a tutorial for strip piecing the ornament here.
Now I just spent the morning sewing the openings closed on the bottom of the trees and attaching a jingle bell on top of each.
Then I sewed a 6mm gold bead to each Santa's hat and stitched the opening closed that was used to turn it right side out.
My fingers do not want to do any more hand sewing today but I do smile every time I look at a tree or a Santa.
Edit regarding Santa ornaments:
I had little hat shaped pieces left over when I traced the pattern onto the strip pieced fabric set so if I make more I think I will sew more fabric strips to the opposite side of the hat piece for another face and beard. Then I can rotate and trace the pattern upside down in between the traced snowmen on the first side.
I also found it was easier to turn them right side out by leaving the opening on one lower edge of the beard so I wasn't turning where there were seams of the face.

As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. [Proverbs 23:7]

4 comments:
So cute! I adore these trees, they look fantastic :D
Rita thank you for finding the pattern for the strip pieced version! I have added the link on my blog page.
Love the Christmas tree's!
Lovely finishes!
Post a Comment