Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Daniel and Quilt Top Finish

I just found out that picasa web albums are being moved to google photos. Unfortunately I am not able to get to my photos at google photos because my web browser cannot be updated to their requirements.
My Windows 2000 system is not being supported by any web browser that I can find so it won't let me update to their most recent version. The online photo sharing sites I have tried to join have system requirements that I am not able to meet at this time.
 I was able to load my photos to facebook so I could post them here but I fear I must get a newer machine soon.


I have finished the Daniel sampler and started on the Coat of many colors


I finished a new quilt top for our bed.  The quilt I made in 1999 is getting a bit worn out.  I was inspired by a quilt I saw on the Quilting Board which you can see here

 Here is a better picture of the fabrics used in the quilt top - they came out so dark in the picture of the top above.


Edit:  I forgot to mention that the last picture is a few leftover blocks on a piece of black fabric. I think I will have enough leftover partial blocks to finish into a small lap quilt for the living room.
I normally fret for many days laying out quilt blocks and moving them around to be sure the layout is what I think is perfect but I didn't have any place to do that with this queen size top so I just started sewing them together. I can see several spots where I would kept moving blocks around so none of the fabrics were repeated next to each other. I actually like the randomness and it certainly saved more than a couple of days of fretting over the layout.


Happy days of stitching


As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. [Proverbs 23:7]

2 comments:

karmyl said...

Lovely work, Rita.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely stitching! And that quilt top is gorgeous. Great job! :D