Friday, May 12, 2017

Holy Night Nativity

This is a Stoney Creek chart that I had a long time ago and never started.  I finally gave it away to someone who was looking for it because I thought it was just too beautiful to sit in my stash and never get stitched.  Of course, I couldn't stop thinking of it in the back of my mind and recently it jumped in my shopping cart one day when I was ordering something else on line.  I was afraid that once again it would sit for a long time because I could not decide what fabric to stitch it on.  I finally ordered some 14 count Vintage Blue Whisper Aida and a few special threads it needed.  You can see the fabric here.
My dear husband purchased some longer dowels for my table top stitching frame to accommodate such a wide chart and he sanded them down so they would fit easily into the side rods of my frame.  The fabric finally arrived but panic set in.  It looked like it was a hand dyed fabric which did not occur to me from the picture or the description when I ordered it.  As beautiful as the fabric was I was very concerned about being able to wash the stitched piece when I was finished.  Thankfully, a nice lady on the 123Stitch message board pointed out that  it was only printed on one side so it was not hand dyed but printed and could be washed.  Silly me had not even taken the fabric out of package yet but once I did I could see that the back side was a solid blue, while the front side that was showing through the package was the beautiful mottled, cloudy blue sky.
It's too late to make a long story short but it is so nice to say that I have finally started stitching this lovely chart.

Happy stitching

As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. [Proverbs 23:7]

1 comment:

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely start! I hope you enjoy stitching it :D